Saturday, May 2, 2009

Washington Loop extended version

Washington Loop Mosiac
DKW and I did an extended version of the Washington Loop this morning. The weather was gray but we did manage to miss much of the rain. Our version didn't go south on Juanita Dr but instead continued along the West Sammamish River trail to Old Redmond Way and then went up Old Redmond Way until it turned into 70th Ave and hit 6th St. I took 6th St home. All in all about 60 miles. This is the longest ride I have done on my recumbents to date. It is the longest ride for the Raptobike.

It went very well, our average speed was 1.3 mph faster than my best time on the 50 mile Washington loop. That is roughly a 10.4% improvement. I can't complain about that. The new gearing on the Raptobike really paid off, I need to ride more than a 12% grade but so far I have no issues with the low end gearing and the new top end is excellent.

I took a few nice pictures which are linked in above. I am feeling more and more confident and fast on the Raptobike. It is great fun.

No comments: