Monday, July 20, 2009

Grouchy

I am a little short tempered right now. The Raptobike is in the shop being repaired after my STP crashes (multiple). I am buying a house and one of the seller's banks is being annoying. These minor personal annoyances mean that I am having trouble taking other issues in stride.

Here is a list of highly annoying things:
  • Press coverage of health care reform. It is startling how easy it is to see the hand of corporate money in supposedly neutral press coverage.
  • Libertarian morons who all apparently believe they are Renaissance men, capable of doing everything for themselves and anyone who might need help is weak and should be purged.
  • Actually all libertarians are annoying, I find it amazing how a group that self identifies as intelligent is so short sighted.
  • Motorist apologists and the dangerous drivers who threaten cyclists every day. One of that tribe hit a pack of 5 cyclists in Ottawa recently.
  • The religious right and their parade of hate, guns and bigotry.
  • Overt in your face religion of all stripes really pisses me off right now. Probably the side effect of being a preacher's kid. Right now, if you are overtly Christian, I will happily assume you are a bigot, a misogynist, and a republican. Redundant as that list is.
  • Science deniers, this includes the anti-vaxxers, the global warming deniers and creationists. I hate the selfish con-men that most of you are. And without a doubt you are all selfish bastards or sad deluded tools.
  • Bankers. This includes anyone who works for Goldman Sachs.

I could go on but you get the idea.

No comments: