Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Commute - a photo essay

My morning commutes in the summer are beautiful and a great way to start the day. Hopefully this gives you an idea of why I like it.
A view of my morning commute
DKW arrives at my house to start the ride. We head out from here N on Market. That route quickly gets us to Juanita Dr. Since there is a downhill section on Market I wait for DKW after the left turn on Juanita.
A view of my morning commute
Here I am.
A view of my morning commute
Here is DKW.
on my commute
DKW snaps a picture of me as we start up the hill on Juanita. After the 2 or so miles uphill there is a long downhill section, I normally hit 38 mph in traffic, 43 mph if there is space. I generally lose DKW on the downhill. Today I made both lights and had a bit of time to wait.
A view of my morning commute
Here I am.
A view of my morning commute
Here is DKW (hiding in my helmet). We now get on the BG trail and take it to the Sammamish River trail.
A view of my morning commute
Here is the river.
A view of my morning commute
The headwinds give me the advantage on this part of the ride
A view of my morning commute
A view of my morning commute
DKW is a machine though and rides alone with me even when I push it on the SRT.
A view of my morning commute
The trail always has such nice views.

Check out my entire photoset for more pictures of the commute. I love this ride. It always makes me feel good in the morning.

No comments: