Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Commuting on the Corsa

From Corsa Commuter

My first commute of the year on the Corsa. The roads are finally clear enough and I am so happy to be back on the Corsa. Kiley (the Corsa) has better lighting as far as "can you see me" style than my trike, and has much better reflectivity due to the tape and bags I have on her. The ride is higher which has upsides and downsides. I am more visible in traffic but also less stable at lights, starting and stopping. She is still (ordered in early Oct) missing her SON dynohub and IQ Fly headlight, I am currently relying on some cateye LED light which is fine as a backup but not great for primary "can I see" light. I have my cateye LED helmet light as well so I am doing well but I want a wider beam.

I am faster on the Corsa and push myself more. This is good since commuting is also training for me, I can shower at work. I have been dealing with some left leg extension when riding the trike, my Achilles tendon has been feeling stretched when riding the trike. I had zero issues with that on the Corsa, which is a welcome change. I really don't want to end up damaging my Achilles tendon. I will need to work on the trike to fix that problem, I need to move up the seat which requires some new aluminum stays to attach to my rear rack.

All in all, I feel good and that is wonderful.

No comments: