To put this in perspective here are a list of past administrations and the vacation time each spent while in office.
- 2000-2008 - George W. Bush - 977 days over 2 terms, 33.43% of the time on vacation.
- 1992-2000 - Bill Clinton - 152 days over 2 terms, 5.2% of the time on vacation.
- 1988-1992 - George H.W. Bush - 543 days over 1 term, 37.16% of the time on vacation.
- 1980-1988 - Ronald Reagan - 335 days over 2 terms, 12.15% of the time on vacation.
- 1976-1980 - Jimmy Carter - 79 days over 1 term, 5.4% of the time on vacation.
Obviously we can see where Bush Jr. gets his work ethic, he inherited it from his father's side. Also of interest Democratic presidents seem to take a lot less vacation than Republican ones, at least in this sample. I need to look at more data, the Bush family seems to be particularly bad in this regard, by a factor of 6 as compared to the Democrats.
I don't know anyone personally who gets one day out of three off from work, but maybe you do. It is a pretty sad legacy that the Bush crime family leaves behind.