Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trike work

From Terratrike Commuting

With the weather and the tons of gravel on the road I am not comfortable riding the Corsa with its 23mm tires. So I swallowed my pride and took the trike to the shop. I needed new brake pads for the disks, needed to adjust the disks and I wanted new tires. The Maxxis Hookworms are nice fat, bullet-proof tires but they are slow and my front fenders rub on them making my fenders unusable. So I had them but on new tires, schwalbe marathons, which are faster, lighter and thinner. When I got home I put my fenders back on and everything is set up for commuting.

I had been thinking about selling the trike and the vivo to get a lowracer or maybe a pair of delta trikes to ride with Kristin. The pair of delta thing might happen but not for more than a year I think. OTOH I will keep the TerraTrike and ride her more often. I think for commuting and even certain rando rides the Terratrike might be fine. It certainly is comfortable. I will put in some miles on her in the next few weeks.

No comments: