I am still making progress on my Vendetta build the "Vixen". I wrapped the bar with yellow bar tape last night during the rain. The job wasn't perfect but I like it. I like the look. The next issue is the fit and seat. The stock seat doesn't work for me. I need to be a wee bit farther forward to reach the pedals properly without cutting the boom. In addition it is about 6 inches too short to hit my shoulders. So there is a solution
Volae Hardshell Carbon Fiber Seat Size L
I am going to follow Rick Youngblood's directions and mount this to my Vixen. This will achieve the following goals for me
- Provide a seat I can ride on for hours without back pain.
- By mounting it slightly forward of my current seat I will get 10mm or so closer to the pedals. Just the distance I need for comfort and fit.
- This will solve the rear bag issue. I can easily mount a Bent-Up Aerobag to the upper part of the new seat.(note: link may break due to Bent-Up cycles redesigning their web commerce site, search by name in that case)
You can see how it will look on a Vendetta at Rick Youngblood's page I ordered the yellow version of course. I am also going to follow Rick's lead by mounting my mirrors to the hoods of my brifters
I am also going to install these iSSi pedals on my Vixen. They are nice light and supportive pedals that use SPD enclosures
iSSI trail pedals
What this means is that I have a bead on solving a number of issues.
- Crank/Position and Bike Fit (seat)
- Comfort (seat)
- Storage for Brevets/Commute (seat, aerobag)
- Hydration via water bottles in aerobag (seat, aerobag)
- Rear Light and reflectors (Adem Headrest, Princeton Tec Swerve Taillight)
- Be Seen red lights
- Mirrors (Zefal Spyx2)
- Bike Computer (Garmin 520)