Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rainy commute

Washington RainToday I rode the 23 mile route to work. David rode with me and we made good time, we took 1h:50 minutes today with an average speed of 11.9 mph. It was a chilly morning and it rained on us the entire time. When I showered at work I had a couple of rosy spots from the trauma of heating chilled Duncan.

The ride itself was pretty pleasant though I did have issues seeing clearly on the downhill section of Juanita Dr. David and I saw a number of cycle commuters and a few runners. Overall the ride was pretty though cold.

3 comments:

Russell said...

I haven't ridden since Sunday. I think Saturday sucked out all my tolerance for riding in the rain. I'm slowly rebuilding my reserves though...

Duncan Watson said...

If David didn't come to my house for the start I probably would have wimped out. But he did and we pushed each other so we had a good finish time. The ride was good but I was colder then Saturday. At least my body reacted more to the cold.

Russell said...

I did manage a ride last night, it wasn't great, but I was out there and got some mileage in. Rain gear actually seems to work, when you are only out for 90 minutes or so.