Sunday, December 7, 2008

Not good enough

So I thought I was happy and "dialed in". This obviously means I should change something major, right?!? And so I did. I bought new shoes and a set of speedplay x5 pedals. The extra float and road style shoe should help a ton with my hot foot issue which is still nagging me. It has affected my starting and stopping confidence since I have never used speedplay x-series style pedals before. It is a different feel and will take a bit of time to get used to.

I did a number of test rides this morning in the rain and I think I have it down but I suspect I will have issues as it is harder for me than the SPDs were. But I have 8 years of SPD experience, there is a lot of muscle memory that needs retraining. On the other hand, the shoes are very comfy and feel great with my superfeet. I also don't feel any pressure on my metatarsals compared to the SPDs.

No comments: