Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rachel Maddow on Employee Free Choice Act


Rachel Maddow explains the EFCA in this clip. She does it very well and just concentrates on the most common and easily disputable lie of Republican opponents. The so-called banishing of the secret ballot, which of course is not banished and is still available. She doesn't mention how most votes to unionize are rife with illegal employer acts designed to stop the unionization. Typical actions include union supporters being illegally fired, inquisitions being held to determine who is and isn't a union supporter, locations are closed or threatened to close based on the outcome of the vote.

I know that I trust corporations soooo much to keep my interests at heart and wouldn't wish for any contractual obligation on my employers part. I so much prefer "at will employment"... right? or NOT.

No comments: