Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More Bikes

So looking at various factors I am going to take a trip to Coventry Cycles in Portland. Kristin and I will make it a mini-vacation and visit the cycle shop, ride around town and on the beautiful bike paths in Portland. We will also visit friends and sight-see. Coventry carries a few lines that I am interested in, Bacchetta and Rans in particular. I can test ride a Bacchetta Giro-20 and Rans V-Rex there to get a feel of how they ride.

I won't be ordering any bike until next spring based on how much I ride over the winter but I am drooling a bit. Waiting the winter is good as the real reason I want a faster bike is for group rides. Most group rides are finishing up now and in Spring they start up again. I think the next big ride is the Chilly Hilly on Feb 22, 2009. Cascade Bicycle Club does run a number of training and fun rides all year round though, every week.

So we will see how it goes. I just need to control myself.

No comments: